This section is responsible for:-
- the maintenance, resurfacing and upgrading of municipal roads;
- the construction and tarring of new lanes and accesses after their conversion into public roads.
- the maintenance of traffic signs and road marking on municipal roads.
- maintenance and construction of footways, gutters and bridges.
- Construction of concrete drains network and their repairs.
- Fixing and maintenance of handrails along municipal roads and fixing of road and street name plates.
- The issue of wayleave applications for breaking of municipal roads by service providers for cable laying, pipes and conduits.
- application of regulations regarding payment of fees and levies laid down in part C of Twelfth Schedule concerning (i) complete or partial obstruction of a public road for private purposes by any person other than a public undertaker or authority providing services or utilities; (ii) digging across or along a public road or undertaking any excavation work on a public road.
- Issue of clearances related to any infrastructural projects undertaken by the National Development Unit and coordination with same during implementation and eventual maintenance and upkeep after handing over.